An Overview of Our Flexible Funding Opportunity
Open as of September 14, 2021. The online grant application will close at 11:59 p.m. EST on October 8, 2021. Technical support is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Flexible Funding Opportunity 2021 will provide support to nonprofits in our region that are addressing current community needs through clearly articulated annual goals and objectives. These grants are designed to elevate nonprofits addressing diversity, equity, and inclusion in their organizations both internally and externally through policies, procedures and programming.
As part of the decision making process, the Foundation will give preference to organizations that align with the Foundation’s stated focus areas of:
- A strong start for all children though high-quality early education and care.
- Accessible and more affordable post-secondary education and training, providing pathways to completion and employment.
- A vibrant and local arts and creativity ecosystem to support self-expression, economic vitality and connection.
Preference will also be given to organizations where leadership is racially diverse.
Eligible organizations must have IRS designated 501(c)(3) status or an established fiscal sponsorship and must substantially benefit residents in Franklin, Hampden and/or Hampshire counties. There will be a minimum of $1,500,000 for this grant opportunity with a goal of awarding at least 65% of the funds to organizations aligned with the Foundation’s stated strategic focus areas. Multiple sources of funding support this opportunity. Some of these funds have geographic or programmatic restrictions. This opportunity will award grants up to $30,000 to support organizations for 6 months with the expectation that awarded funds will be expended by June 30, 2022. Organizations may choose how to apply the funds to their operations, i.e., programs, operating support, etc.
Funding cannot support the following:
- Expenses that occur outside the 6-month funding timeframe
- Grants to individuals
- Sectarian or religious organizations unless as a fiscal sponsor for a broad community benefit
- Activities directly or indirectly that influence legislation or election campaigns; activities related to influencing government policies, permitting or regulations will not be considered.
- Higher education scholarships
- Academic research
Grant Application Process
Grant applications will be submitted through our on-line grants management system. You can preview the Flexible Funding opportunity here. Applications must be complete including all correct attachments at time of submission. Review will be based on application materials submitted.
- Grant application opens: September 14, 2021
- Grant submission closes: October 8, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST
- Funding decisions will be sent via email to applicants on or before November 30, 2021.
- Funds for awarded organizations will be released no later than December 15, 2021.
Please reach out to Community Impact and Partnerships.