Establish A Nonprofit Fund at the Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts
Do you want to build a perpetual endowment for your organization? Raise funds for a major project? Invest your organization’s cash reserves more wisely—and access them whenever you need them?
By establishing a nonprofit fund at the Foundation, organizations can do all those things—and gain peace of mind knowing hard-earned donations are secure and professionally invested and managed. Most importantly, organizations are freed up to focus on the vital services and programs you provide to residents of our region.
You get all these benefits with a nonprofit fund at the Foundation:
- World-class investment management.
- Comprehensive donation processing services. From gift processing to providing tax receipts and acknowledging gifts, we make it easy for you to receive donations from your donors. You also get access to a centralized portal to view gifts received, investment performance and fund performance.
- Expertise and agility in handling non-cash assets. We provide you and your donors with expert technical assistance for various types of gifts, including appreciated securities, real estate, and more.
- Planned gift support and guidance. You can take advantage of our turn-key planned giving services, including management of charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, and charitable lead trusts.
- You gain donors’ trust and confidence. Our long history and deep roots in the community gives your organization an affiliation that donors trust. Your partnership with us can help reassure your prospective donors that their dollars will be wisely invested and stewarded.
You Choose the Type of Fund that’s Right for Your Organization
We offer two types of funds for nonprofits: Nonprofit Endowed Funds and Nonprofit Advised Funds. They differ in how organizations access the fund dollars and in the fee structures. Our team can work with you, your Investment Committee, professional advisors, and/or your Board to help you determine the right fund to help meet your goals.
Nonprofit Endowed Fund:
A Nonprofit Endowed Fund makes an annual distribution to the nonprofit. The distribution rate is set by the Foundation — currently, 4.25%. The goal is to provide long-term protection of the principal. This fund type is good for organizations seeking to build up and sustain a regular stream of income.
Fund Minimum: $10,000
Nonprofit Advised Fund:
Nonprofit Advised Funds allow organizations to recommend distributions of both income and principal whenever they desire. This fund type is good for nonprofit organizations seeking more flexibility with its assets, since access to the full balance of the fund is always available.
Fund Minimum: $10,000