The Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts is committed to increasing equity and opportunity so that all who live in our three counties have access to a satisfying quality of life.
Our strategy to advance this vision:
We will use a portion of our resources to fund broadly to meet wide-ranging and evolving needs.
We will focus and lead in areas we believe will have significant impact on increasing equity and opportunity, utilizing all forms of capital to advance the following:
- Charitable giving within our three counties and by marshalling resources from beyond our region.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion in workplaces and institutions, starting with our own.
- A strong start for all children through high-quality early education and care.
- Accessible and more affordable post-secondary education and training, providing pathways to completion and employment.
- A vibrant local arts and creativity ecosystem to support self-expression, economic vitality and connection.
We will accomplish this work by:
- Listening deeply to understand the needs and assets of our community.
- Commissioning and disseminating data to increase understanding and innovation.
- Inspiring, connecting and partnering with donors to make their giving more impactful.
- Building coalitions and partnerships.
- Providing grants and scholarships to support organizations, people, and ideas.
- Advancing the organizational effectiveness of non-profits through trainings, convenings, and support materials.
- Strengthening our own Foundation systems and people, and building our financial resources to best support our vision for the future.