We Help You Help Others
When you create a financial or estate plan for your clients, philanthropy is often a key piece.
Your clients want tax-smart strategies to help them give wisely to the causes they care most about—often, right in their own communities. Yet, many don’t know where to begin or what resources are available.
With deep roots in the Valley, the Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts is here to help you put your clients’ passion into action through effective charitable giving—particularly to local causes.
We work with estate planning attorneys, accountants, financial advisors and other professional advisors to develop curated, tax-smart strategies that achieve clients’ charitable visions.
We offer many philanthropic resources:
- Dedicated, expert professional staff members who partner with you and your clients to create customized giving plans
- Deep local knowledge of the challenges and opportunities facing residents of the Valley
- Flexible giving options that help donors give today or after their lifetimes
- Discretion—so donors can give anonymously if they choose
- Experience and skill in handling uncommon, non-cash or complex assets as charitable gifts
- Investment management of your client’s charitable fund at the Foundation
- Personal and ongoing philanthropic advising, helping donors adjust their giving strategy over time.
- Grantmaking assistance to connect donors with local giving opportunities
- Educational seminars and events where you and your clients can learn from national experts, peers, and nonprofit leaders about the latest and wisest charitable giving strategies