The Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts administers two separate interest-free student loans. To be considered for an interest-free loan, students must meet the criteria provided in the loan description and then indicate their interest in a loan when completing their Scholarship and Interest-Free Loan Program application.
- Apply online to the Scholarship and Interest-Free Loan program between January 1 and March 31.
- Indicate an interest in receiving a loan on the application.
- Upload a copy of the most recent academic transcript with your application.
- Upload a copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) for the 2019-2020 academic year with your application by March 31.
INTEREST FREE EDUCATIONAL LOAN DESCRIPTIONS
James W. Colgan Loan
Students who are residents of Massachusetts for at least five years (other criteria may be applied).
Margrit H. Sutton-Annen Student Loan
Students who are U.S. citizens of Swiss descent enrolled full-time in a two or four-year college
- Students are eligible to receive an interest free loan of $3,000 in a given academic year.
- Students may reapply for a loan in subsequent years.
- Students may receive a cumulative total in loans up to, but not exceeding, $12,000 over the course of their higher education.
- Repayment of the cumulative loan amount borrowed begins three months after a student graduates or stops attending college.
- No interest is charged to the cumulative loan amount.
- If payments are not made on time, additional fees may be charged.
- All repayments are done through University Accounting Services (UAS).
- All questions regarding loan repayment can be directed to:
University Accounting Services (UAS)