Capital Campaign Support
1. Capital Campaign Scheduling Committee
Charlene Smolkowicz, email@example.com
This group provides for the orderly access to philanthropic capital for needed plant and equipment by not-for-profit, non-governmental agencies with a direct impact on Hampden County.
Western MA Office
1441 Main Street
Springfield, MA 01103
Provides financing for Massachusetts’ nonprofit organizations for construction/capital projects including bonds, direct loans, guarantees, and development assistance.
3. Nonprofit Finance Fund
95 Berkeley Street, Suite 410
Boston, MA 02116
Provides financial and advisory services (often with other partners) to plan, finance, and implement strategic vision by making the connection between money, management, and vision.
Nonprofit Technology Enterprise Network http://nten.org/about
GiftWorks (fundraising software) www.missionresearch.com
1. Pioneer Valley Planning Commission
J. Edward Christian Municipal Office Building
26 Central Street, Suite 34
West Springfield, MA 01089-2787
Phone: 413- 781-6045
This organization provides a link to local, county, state and national databases.
2. Economic Development Data & Information
www.cerc.com/eddi is an online database of economic and demographic information for Connecticut and Western Massachusetts and its metro areas, counties and towns.
1. Springfield City Library
220 State Street
Springfield, MA 01103
Access to the Foundation Center’s Cooperating Collection of national funders.
Electronically find and apply for competitive grant opportunities from all Federal grant-making agencies.
1. Associated Grant Makers
Founded in 1969, Associated Grant Makers, Inc. is the only regional association of grant makers, both foundations and corporations with giving programs, serving in making grants in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. This leadership organization for philanthropy provides service to the philanthropic community.
2. Association of Fundraising Professionals
AFP is an international the professional association working to advance philanthropy through advocacy, research, education, and certification programs.
3. Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University
4. The Chronicle of Philanthropy
Newspaper for nonprofits. Information about granting opportunities, current events in and impacting the nonprofit sector, and job postings.
5. Women in Philanthropy (Western Massachusetts)
A professional organization for women in western Massachusetts for those who are, have been, or wish to be, affiliated with nonprofit organizations, whose primary responsibilities include generating resources. It is the mission of Women in Philanthropy to support the professional advancement of its members.
Nonprofit Management and Social Enterprise
1. Human Service Forum
100 Whiting Farms Road, Suite 3
Holyoke, MA 01040
A membership organization that provides a voice for human service organizations through leadership, information, advocacy, recognition, public relations, and capacity building. Provides training on a variety of topics pertaining to nonprofit management.
3. HersheyCause Website
4. The book – “Good to Great and the Social Sectors” by Jim Collins
5. Stanford Social Innovation Review
6. Support Center for Nonprofit Management
2. Internal Revenue Service
Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division
P.O. Box 2508
Cincinnati, OH 45201
Able to provide current 501(c)(3) determination letters.
www.irs.gov/eo Tax Information for Charities & Other Non-Profits. This site includes many resources for tax exempt entities.
3. Intern Here www.InternHere.com provides internships to students in the Knowledge Corridor. This state of the art website provides a forum to advertise internships throughout western Massachusetts and Connecticut.
4. Lawyers Clearinghouse www.lawyersclearinghouse.org Matches nonprofits with pro bono lawyers.
4. UMASS Center for Public Policy and Administration www.masspolicy.org
5. United States Postal Service
Providing in-depth information on Direct Mail approaches. www.usps.com/directmail
This list of resources is provided for informational purposes only. The Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts does not specifically endorse any of these resources.