Alert: Thank you for your interest in the 2018 Mission Grants program. At this time all calendar appointments for the Mission grant competition are filled and we are unable to accommodate any further requests. We have reached our capacity for phone requests as well as our capacity for grant applications and encourage you to consider CFWM grant programs that will open later in the calendar year. Those organizations who have already scheduled or participated in a phone conversation for our 2018 Mission Grants program will still be able to access and submit an application for the February 16th grant deadline. For all other organizations interested in applying you may email email@example.com and if a phone slot opens up prior to February 9th, we will prioritize requests for phone calls by the date the request was received. Information about future grant competitions can be found at this link here.
Mission grants provide support for a wide range of programs and projects, administered by nonprofit organizations that address the diverse needs of residents of the Pioneer Valley.
- To view overall eligibility guidelines for applicant organizations please click here.
- Additional Mission programmatic eligibility guidelines include:
- All potential grant applicants must schedule a phone call with the Mission Program Officer by February 9, 2018 in order to be eligible for this grant competition.
- All outstanding final grant reports must be submitted by current grantees and approved, via email, by a CFWM program officer by January 18, 2018.
Mission programs or projects must include:
- A set of activities that are conducted during a specific period of time.
- Clearly stated results.
- Include a realistic project budget.
- Financial information that demonstrate the organization’s overall financial health.
- A programmatic focus that further promotes the applicant organization’s mission.
- Preference for an overall award portfolio that represents the following sectors: arts and culture, education, environment, health, housing, and human services as well as organizations of various budget sizes.
- Please click here to view activities that are ineligible for funding from any of CFWM’s grant programs.
- There is a minimum of $700,000 available for Mission grants in 2018. Based on CFWM geographic fund restrictions we anticipate awarding grants that benefit residents as follows:
- 60% of funding for Hampden County, with significant proportion of funds targeted to Springfield
- 20% of funding for Hampshire County
- 20% of funding for Franklin County
- Grant range: $2,500 to $25,000.
- Duration of grants: Up to1 year from grant award date; project timeframe defined by applicant.
Grant Process (See alert at the top of page)
- All applicants must schedule a discussion with the Mission Program Officer by February 9, 2018.
- Applications must be complete including all correct attachments at time of submission.
- Application opening: January 5, 2018
- Schedule call with Mission Program Officer: Prior to February 9, 2018.
- Submission deadline: February 16, 2018
- Reviews/site visits: April – May, 2018
- Decision date: May 31, 2018
- Notification to applicants: Mid-late June 2018
Application and Related Materials
- For grant FAQ’s, please click here.
Sheila Toto at firstname.lastname@example.org.