Activities that are generally eligible for funding
Eligible activities are specific to each grant program. Please visit the grant page to determine which grant supports a particular set of activities.
Activities that are ineligible for CFWM’s grant programs
- General Operating Support Grants. Exceptions may be made for very small organizations that are limited in scope and only operate one program.
- Projects that were funded by CFWM less than one year prior to the new application.
- Retroactive funding for activities or expenses that have already occurred prior to the grant decision date
- Fundraising events, the purchase of tickets for benefits, or courtesy advertising;
- Projects that seek to directly or indirectly influence legislation or election campaigns; activities related to influencing government policies, permitting or regulations will not be considered
- Higher education scholarships. Note: CFWM offers scholarships and interest free education loans to which individuals may apply.
Only in rare circumstances and with prior approval would CFWM fund:
- Requests for academic or medical research
- Replacement of governmental or other public funding; exceptions may be made for grants bridging periods before anticipated funding;
- Multi-year funding