The Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts commits to centering its work on increasing equity and opportunity so that all who live in our region have access to a satisfying quality of life. We will advance equity, diversity, and inclusion throughout the region’s three counties, including our workplaces and institutions by prioritizing racial equity in all facets of our work. We have chosen racial equity specifically because of the pervasiveness of racism in interpersonal and intrapersonal relationships and interactions, institutions, and systems in our region and in our country throughout our history. We believe that working toward dismantling systems of racial inequality provides a framework for dismantling all other forms of oppression.
We commit to:
- combatting prejudice and discrimination by making intentional and equitable choices;
- prioritizing racial equity;
- promoting social justice to amplifying the voices of our marginalized and underrepresented community members;
- fostering trust by increasing transparency and accessibility; and
- expanding shared decision-making.
We hope that you will join us in this work to make our communities more equitable and just.