Innovation Planning grants provide “early stage” funding to nonprofits for emerging ideas, initiatives and/or new collaborations that can substantially impact or provide measurable progress toward solving a significant challenge in our region.
Innovation Implementation grants support funding to nonprofits for the implementation of emerging ideas, initiatives and/or new collaborations that can substantially impact or provide measurable progress toward solving a significant challenge in our region.
Not available at this time
Not available at this time
Innovation Planning grants are currently closed.
Innovation Implementation grants follow the schedule below:
Application opens: To be determined.
Submission Deadline: To be determined.
Awards: To be determined.
Trainings & Resources
Not available at this time.
- Applying organizations must be recognized as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Innovation Implementation grants are only open to those nonprofits that successfully completed an Innovation Planning grant.
- Innovation Grants will be awarded to 501(c)(3) public charities.
- For applicants that do not have a 501(c)(3) status, the Community Foundation accepts Innovation Grant applications that are supported by a fiscal sponsor. The fiscal sponsor must have a proven, prior existing relationship with the applicant organization. Applicants must complete the Fiscal Sponsorship Certification form and submit it with the required documents 10 business days prior to the application deadline. Click here for more information and the form.
- Coalitions and collaborative proposals are eligible to apply, but only one 501(c)(3) organization may serve as the lead agency and receive the grant funding.
- Grants must be used for projects located in or serving populations of the Pioneer Valley (Franklin, Hampshire or Hampden counties).
- Grants must be used for a charitable purpose.
- Prospective grantees may have current Community Foundation funding.
- Current Innovation grantees are not eligible to apply.
- If applicants have received funding in the past, the previously funded Innovation projects must be completed and a narrative summary along with a final financial report indicating that all awarded funds have been expended must be submitted within 60 days of the project end date and 30 days prior to submitting a new funding request for the Innovation Program.
Ineligible Requests for Funding
General Operating Support Grants: The Community Foundation Grants Program does not provide grants for general operating support. Exceptions may be made for very small organizations that are limited in scope and only operate one program. The Grants Program does not support requests for:
- The same project less than one year apart.
- Private education and religious organizations except for programs that serve broad community needs. (Please see Limitations and Restrictions on Grants for Programs Benefiting Schools.)
- Retroactive funding for projects that have been complete or will be complete prior to the grant decision date.
- Fundraising events, the purchase of tickets for benefits, or courtesy advertising.
- Projects that seek to directly or indirectly influence legislation or election campaigns; activities related to influencing government policies, permitting or regulations will not be considered.
- Higher education scholarships. Information about the Community Foundation scholarship and interest free education loan program can be found here.
Only in rare circumstances and with prior approval would we consider: Requests for academic or medical research; replacement of governmental or other public funding except for grants bridging periods before anticipated funding; or request for multi-year funding.
Fiscally Sponsored Orgs/ Fiscal Sponsors
Fiscally Sponsored Organizations
Community Foundation Grant Portal: The majority of Community Foundation grant applications require use of our on-line grant portal. For a user guide to the Portal, click here.
Application Preview (Coming Soon)
Application (Coming Soon)
For more information, please contact Nicole Bourdon at email@example.com.