Capital grants provide support for capital projects or capital campaigns that address the diverse needs of residents of the Pioneer Valley.
- To view overall eligibility guidelines for applicant organizations please click here.
- Additional Capital programmatic eligibility guidelines include:
- All potential Capital projects and Capital Campaign applicants must schedule a pre-application phone conversation with the Capital Program Officer prior to consideration for this funding opportunity. The calendar to schedule a call will be available starting June 25, 2018.
- Additional Capital programmatic criteria include:
- Small or large renovations/additions.
- Construction or expansion projects.
- Computer technology and/or equipment purchase with a useful life of at least 3 years.
- New building construction or renovations to an existing building the cost more than $1 million with a minimum campaign goal of $500,000
- Large fundraising efforts with requests to foundations, businesses, individuals, and government funds/banks/bond financing
- Must be in the “public phase” of the campaign where no more than 85% of the total campaign total has been raised at time of grant submission.
- Preference for an overall award portfolio that represents the following sectors: arts and culture; education; environment, health, housing, and human services as well as organizations of various budget sizes.
- Preference for an overall award portfolio that represents the following sectors: arts and culture, education, environment, health, housing, and human services as well as organizations of various budget sizes.
- Please click here to view activities that are ineligible for funding from any of CFWM’s grant programs.
- There is a minimum of $261,000 available for Capital Grants of which $90,000 is targeted for capital campaigns. Due to 2018 funding restrictions, CFWM’s priority is to only fund capital campaigns that benefit residents from Springfield and/or Hampden County. No capital campaign funds are available for Hampshire and Franklin County projects in 2018.
- Based on CFWM geographic fund restrictions we anticipate awarding grants that benefit residents as follows:
- 60% of funding for Hampden County, with significant proportion of funds targeted to Springfield.
- 20% of funding for Hampshire County.
- 20% of funding for Franklin County.
- Grant range: $2,500 to $20,000 for a capital project. Up to $30,000 for a capital campaign with no required match.
- Duration of grants:
- Capital projects: Up to 12 months from grant award date.
- Capital Campaigns: No time frame for completion.
All applicants must schedule a pre-application phone call with the Capital Program Officer
- The calendar to schedule a pre-application phone call will be available starting June 25, 2018 for phone conversations between July 5, 2018 and September 7, 2018.
- Based on available resources, a maximum of 50 pre-application phone conversation slots will be made available for potential applicants. Once the 50 slots are full we will take names for a waiting list.
- Applications must be complete including all correct attachments at time of submission.
- Pre-application phone call calendar opens: June 25, 2018
- Application opens: July 9, 2018
- Grant submission deadline: September 14, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Application and Related Materials
- Application preview: Not available.
- Application portal user guide
- For grant FAQ’s, please click here.
Sheila Toto at firstname.lastname@example.org.