The Capital Grant program provides support for capital requests or capital campaigns that address the diverse needs of residents of the Pioneer Valley.
- To view overall eligibility guidelines for applicant organizations please click here.
Capital Grant – specific eligibility guidelines include:
- All applicants must schedule a pre-application phone conversation with the Capital Grant Program Officer prior to consideration for this funding opportunity. No exceptions will be granted; this includes organizations with a prior grant history or prior programmatic relationship with CFWM.
- All outstanding final grant reports must be submitted by current grantees and approved, via email, by a CFWM program officer by August 14, 2018.
- Applicants must have been in operation under their current 501(c)3 status long enough to provide at least one year of audited or reviewed financial documents.
- Grant range: $2,500 to $20,000 for general Capital request. Up to $30,000 for a Capital Campaign with no required match.
- Small or large renovations/additions.
- Construction or expansion projects.
- The purchase of land for community benefit.
- Equipment, vehicles and/or computer technology purchases with a useful life of at least 3 years.
- New building construction or renovations to an existing building that cost more than $1 million with a minimum campaign goal of $500,000
- Large fundraising efforts with requests to foundations, businesses, individuals, and government funds/banks/bond financing
- Must be in the “public phase” of the campaign where no more than 85% of the campaign total has been raised at time of grant submission.
- Duration of grants:
- Capital request: Up to 12 months from grant award date.
- Capital campaign: No time frame for completion.
- Preference for capital needs projects that benefit the overall organization rather than specific programs of the organization.
- Preference for an overall award portfolio that represents the following sectors: arts and culture, education, environment, health, housing, and human services as well as organizations of various budget sizes.
- Please click here to view activities that are ineligible for funding from any of CFWM’s grant programs.
- There is a minimum of $290,000 available for Capital grants; $200,000 for general Capital requests and $90,000 targeted for Capital Campaigns. The CFWM will fund the Capital Grant program using sources of endowed funding (funds) that have legal geographic or use restrictions. Anticipated distribution of the $200,000 available for general Capital requests as follows:
- 60% of funding for Hampden County, with significant proportion of funds targeted to Springfield.
- 20% of funding for Hampshire County.
- 20% of funding for Franklin County.
- CFWM’s 2018 Capital Campaign priority is to only fund campaigns that benefit residents of Springfield and/or Hampden County. No Capital Campaign funds are available this year for Hampshire and Franklin counties.
All applicants must schedule a pre-application phone call with the Capital Program Officer to discuss their initial proposal ideas.
- The calendar to schedule a pre-application phone call will be available starting June 25, 2018 for phone conversations between July 5, 2018 and September 7, 2018. Pre-application phone conversation slots will be first come, first served. Based on available resources, a maximum of 50 pre-application phone conversation slots will be made available for potential applicants. Once the 50 slots are full we will take names for a waiting list.
- Applications must be complete including all correct attachments at time of submission.
- Pre-application phone call calendar opens: June 25, 2018. Click here to schedule a call.
- Pre-application phone call calendar closes: September 7, 2018.
- Grant application opens: July 9, 2018
- Grant submission deadline: September 14, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Application and Related Materials
- Capital Application preview
- Capital Grant Application (For Capital requests of $2,500-$20,000. This application is not for Capital Campaigns)
- Application portal user guide
- For grant FAQ’s, please click here.
Sheila Toto at email@example.com.