The Capital Grant program provide support for capital requests or capital campaigns that address the diverse needs of residents of the Pioneer Valley.
Closed. The deadline for 2018 applications has passed.
- To view overall eligibility guidelines for applicant organizations please click here.
Capital Grant – specific eligibility guidelines include:
- All applicants must schedule a pre-application phone conversation with the Capital Grant Program Officer prior to consideration for this funding opportunity. No exceptions will be granted; this includes organizations with a prior grant history or prior programmatic relationship with CFWM.
- All outstanding final grant reports must be submitted by current grantees and approved, via email, by a CFWM program officer by August 14, 2018.
- Applicants must have been in operation under their current 501(c)3 status long enough to provide at least one year of audited or reviewed financial documents.
- Grant range: $2,500 to $20,000 for general Capital request. Up to $30,000 for a Capital Campaign with no required match.
- Small or large renovations/additions.
- Construction or expansion projects.
- The purchase of land for community benefit.
- Equipment, vehicles and/or computer technology purchases with a useful life of at least 3 years.
- New building construction or renovations to an existing building that cost more than $1 million with a minimum campaign goal of $500,000
- Large fundraising efforts with requests to foundations, businesses, individuals, and government funds/banks/bond financing
- Must be in the “public phase” of the campaign where no more than 85% of the campaign total has been raised at time of grant submission.
- Duration of grants:
- Capital request: Up to 12 months from grant award date.
- Capital campaign: No time frame for completion.
- Preference for capital needs projects that benefit the overall organization rather than specific programs of the organization.
- Preference for an overall award portfolio that represents the following sectors: arts and culture, education, environment, health, housing, and human services as well as organizations of various budget sizes.
- Please click here to view activities that are ineligible for funding from any of CFWM’s grant programs.
- There is a minimum of $290,000 available for Capital grants; $200,000 for general Capital requests and $90,000 targeted for Capital Campaigns. The CFWM will fund the Capital Grant program using sources of endowed funding (funds) that have legal geographic or use restrictions. Anticipated distribution of the $200,000 available for general Capital requests as follows:
- 60% of funding for Hampden County, with significant proportion of funds targeted to Springfield.
- 20% of funding for Hampshire County.
- 20% of funding for Franklin County.
- CFWM’s 2018 Capital Campaign priority is to only fund campaigns that benefit residents of Springfield and/or Hampden County. No Capital Campaign funds are available this year for Hampshire and Franklin counties.
All applicants must schedule a pre-application phone call with the Capital Program Officer to discuss their initial proposal ideas.
- The calendar to schedule a pre-application phone call will be available starting June 25, 2018 for phone conversations between July 5, 2018 and September 7, 2018. Pre-application phone conversation slots will be first come, first served. Based on available resources, a maximum of 50 pre-application phone conversation slots will be made available for potential applicants. Once the 50 slots are full we will take names for a waiting list.
- Applications must be complete including all correct attachments at time of submission.
- Pre-application phone call calendar opens: June 25, 2018. Click here to schedule a call.
- Pre-application phone call calendar closes: September 7, 2018.
- Grant application opens: July 9, 2018
- Grant submission deadline: September 14, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Application and Related Materials
- Capital Application preview
- Capital Grant Application (For Capital requests of $2,500-$20,000. This application is not for Capital Campaigns)
- Application portal user guide
- For grant FAQ’s, please click here.
Sheila Toto at firstname.lastname@example.org.