The Community Foundation of Western MA seeks a director of communications to join its mission-driven and fast-paced team. The COVID crisis and our commitment to addressing racial inequity have shifted our work over the last six months. As the Director, you will join us at a remarkable time as we continue to respond and adapt to these shifts in approach. You will create and execute a strong communications plan that reflects our new strategic efforts and builds the growing brand of the organization.
If you are ready and able to hit the ground running and undeterred by hard work, a flexible self-starter who can advocate for ideas as well as perform a strategic, tactical, and operational role, we’d like to hear from you. As a member of our team, the person in this position will participate in our shared and individualized work to address gaps and inequities within our organization, and develop a diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) vision and framework for the Foundation. This work includes a close look at our policies, structure, practices, personnel, and culture. And ultimately, a plan for addressing gaps and inequities within our organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create a strategic communications plan for a variety of external stakeholders;
- Develop and manage brand strategy, driving consistent messaging and organizational “voice”
- Oversee website management and content;
- Develop a consistent voice and message for the organization;
- Implement a social media and public relations strategy, including content creation and editing;
- Leverage strong project management skills to work with and manage outside service providers, e.g. designers, copywriters, photographers, videographers, printers, etc.;
- Develop and edit collateral material, including annual reports, print and electronic newsletters, brochures, product sheets, videos, inserts, and other materials;
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategic communication plans involving diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Ten years of relevant work experience in communications, marketing, and/or public relations, including development of organizational brand and management of projects and vendors effectively;
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills;
- Exceptional project management abilities;
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently in a deadline-driven environment;
- Strong social media background including proven campaign execution as well as experience in management of website update projects;
- Background in and passion for promotion of diversity, equity, and inclusion within an organization;
- Experience with social listening programs and technologies;
- Experience in nonprofit field (unpaid or professional), multiple industries preferred.
For immediate consideration, please email resume and cover letter to search firm United Personnel, attn: firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.