The 2017 Valley Gives Video Contest is open.
Why A Contest?
The video contest provides an engagement opportunity for your organization – a chance to reach out to your core supporters with a simple ask. If they can make a 30-60 second video about a cause they care about (likely your organization’s cause), they can win a prize for your organization. Not only does this provide your organization with authentic content to share but it gives your organization a chance to strengthen its relationship with key folks. And… you can win up to $1,500. View current uploaded videos.
About the video
This should not be a video about your organization. Videos simply promoting an organization will not be eligible for a prize. The video should respond to the question “What is your just cause?”. Video’s should be made by individuals – volunteers, potential donors, even staff – but the idea is it needs to come from a person not an organization.
How It Works
Send an email to select folks asking them to make a video on their phone or computer. They can upload it our video contest platform: https://premium.easypromosapp.com/p/808908.
Then ask them to share the video with friends and family to gather votes, highlighting if they win, your organization can get a cash prize. This is a way to expand the circle of who knows your organization. The videos with the most votes (top 3) are the winners. 1st prize is $1,500; 2nd prize is $1,000; 3rd prize is $750.
Deadline for video submissions is Thurs. April 27 at 5:00 pm.
Deadline for voting is Thurs. April 27 at 11:00 pm.
- Only one video per entrant is allowed.
- Videos should be 30-60 seconds
- Winners will be selected based on the number of votes obtained in the contest gallery, not on their twitter or instagram pages.
- First place goes to the video with the most likes, second place goes to the video with the second highest number and third place to the video with the third highest vote count.
- In order to claim your prize, you must fill out the entry fields for first, last name and email. Winners will be announced on Monday May 1.
- Videos that promote a specific organization rather than a cause will not be eligible for a prize. This determination is at the sole discretion of Valley Gives staff.
- Prizes can only be made to organizations approved to participate in Valley Gives 2017. Prizes (donations) are designated by the person who uploaded the winning video.
- Valley Gives and Community Foundation staff reserve the right to disqualify any video deemed inappropriate or inconsistent with the intent of the contest.
View Current Videos
You can see uploaded videos here.
Post Your Video…