As we approach Valley Gives Day 2018, it is time to engage with the community. The talking points below can be incorporated into your public media, donor and supporter communications. Use them in conjunction with engaging photos of the population you serve, events you are hosting, or previous Valley Gives Day memories.
Remember John Hayden’s storytelling tips: Person, Problem, Payoff!
- Valley Gives Day is May 1, 2018. The 24-hour online giving event.
- Valley Gives is a 24-hour online giving event that allows individuals to support the good work of nonprofit organizations across the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts.
- Acting collectively on a single day, people like you can support charitable organizations focused on our community’s hopes and needs.
- Valley Gives supports nonprofits and other organizations that do charitable work in the three counties of the Pioneer Valley – Hampden, Hampshire and Franklin counties.
- Valley Gives has a real impact on the viability of organizations and the vibrancy of our community.
In 2017, more than $1.5 million was raised for over 400 nonprofit organizations.
- The Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts (CFWM) is the founder and host of Valley Gives.
- The mission of the Community Foundation is to improve the quality of life in the Pioneer Valley.
- Valley Gives connects people who care with organizations doing important and powerful work.
Things to Think About
- The goal for Valley Gives 2018 is to reach more people across the 69 communities of the Pioneer Valley — the more people who participate and donate, the more the important work of organizations can be supported.
- According to the U.S. Census, there are 560,000 adults in the 3 counties (265,000 households).
- Valley Gives is a way to go beyond the “usual suspects” and build new donor relationships that can be fostered over time.