The following documentation is need for Valley Gives 2018 registration.
- Guidestar Profile URL
- Digital version of their IRS Determination Letter to upload
Fiscally Sponsored Organizations
Important: Deadline for fiscally sponsored groups to register is March 5, 2018 at noon.
- In order to participate in Valley Gives, all non-incorporated groups must submit:
1. Completed Community Foundation’s Valley Gives Fiscal Sponsor Certification form
2. A copy of the signed agreement between the fiscal sponsor and the sponsored group or project documenting the relationship and the charitable nature of the undertaking. The written agreement can be a contract, Memorandum of Understanding, or a grant agreement.
3. A copy of the minutes of the meeting where the fiscal sponsor’s governing authority approved this contract or a copy of the resolution allowing the 501(c)(3) organization to act as the fiscal sponsor for the non 501(c)(3) entity or a copy of the resolution allowing an individual officer to enter into a fiscal sponsorship relationship.
4. Financial Statements
• For Full Participation: Current audited or reviewed financial statements for the sponsoring 501(c)(3) organization. (Note: Compiled financial statements will not be accepted.) The Community Foundation reserves the right to withhold approval for 501(c)(3) organizations that are determined to be financially insolvent.
• For Partial Participation: Compiled financial statements or most recent 990 filing and both a Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss statement for the most recent fiscal year (12 months). The Community Foundation reserves the right to withhold approval for 501(c)(3) organizations that are determined to be financially insolvent.
Religious organizations/churches operating under a church 501(c)(3)
- 4 –digit group exempt number
- Statement of Authority
- Documentation of link to “parent” organization