We encourage participating organizations to host your own event on Valley Gives Day, May 1, 2018. It’s a great way to raise local awareness about your organization’s role in this regional giving day, and to bring donors closer to your mission and impact. If you participate, your organization will be included in the region-wide list of Valley Gives Events.
Complete submission form for an event
Event Support and Promotional Materials
Organizations who are hosting Valley Gives events will receive free promotional event kits.
Kits will include:
- 2 Valley Gives T-shirts
- Valley Gives buttons for participating staff
- 1 Valley Gives Poster (30” x 40” laminated posterboard)
- Window clings (transparency that can go on window)
- “I Donated” sign for photos with donors
- Valley Gives Informational Flyer
Get a visit from the Community Foundation
The Community Foundation is organizing visits to some events by staff, volunteers and select donors. In order to be selected for a site visit, an event should meet the following critera:
- Organizations should plan to offer an engaging activity—something more than day-to-day operations, or a passive open house. Examples include, but are not limited to, performances, displays, exhibitions, guided tours, etc.
- A specific start and end time for the event.
- A dedicated staff member available to meet and engage members of the public or visitors.
- A dedicated staff member who serves as liaison to Valley Gives staff.
- A completed Valley Gives Event form provided to the Community Foundation by Friday, April 20, 2018. Valley Gives staff will review your proposed event, and confirm your organization’s participation via email.
For additional questions, please contact Janet Daisley at firstname.lastname@example.org
CFWM Fundholder Site Visits
As noted above, The Community Foundation will be organizing guided tours by interested fundholders to selected Valley Gives events. We will share a list of Valley Gives events with fundholders, who will then select the events they want to attend. Events that incorporate substantive opportunity for engagement will be prioritized.