Eligibility by Location and Service Area
To participate, one of the following conditions must be true:
1. The organization’s primary office is located in Hampden, Hampshire or Franklin County of Massachusetts, and it serves a population in at least one of these counties.
2. The organization’s primary office is located outside of Hampden, Hampshire or Franklin County of Massachusetts, but it actively serves a population in at least one of the three counties.
Eligibility by Organization Type
Only the following types of organization may participate:
- 501(c)(3) organizations
- Entities that are fiscally sponsored by 501(c) (3) organizations
In 2018 all fiscally sponsored organizations can participate in Valley Gives, but only those whose sponsoring organizations complete the required documentation, will be eligible to receive prizes. Specific information about fiscal sponsored organization eligibility will be available by Jan. 4 when registration opens.
- Religious organizations/churches (including synagogues/mosques, etc) operating independently or under the umbrella of a larger religious entity recognized as charitable by the IRS
- Public schools (K-12) that can provide their NCES# (National Center for Educational Statistics)