Eligibility by Location and Service Area
To participate, one of the following conditions must be true:
1. The organization’s primary office is located in Hampden, Hampshire or Franklin County of Massachusetts, and it serves a population in at least one of these counties.
2. The organization’s primary office is located outside of Hampden, Hampshire or Franklin County of Massachusetts, but it actively serves a population in at least one of the three counties.
Eligibility by Organization Type
Only the following types of organization may participate:
- 501(c)(3) organizations
- Fiscally sponsored groups
In 2018 all groups that are fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3) organization can participate in Valley Gives, but only those whose sponsoring organizations can provide current audited or reviewed financials will be eligible to receive prizes. All fiscally sponsored organizations will need to complete the CFWM’s fiscally sponsored form. Read detailed information about fiscally sponsored organizations eligibility. Note: CFWM reserves the right to withhold approval for 501(c)(3) organizations that are determined to be financial insolvent.
- Religious organizations/churches (including synagogues/mosques, etc) operating independently or under the umbrella of a larger religious entity recognized as charitable by the IRS
- Public schools (K-12) that can provide their NCES# (National Center for Educational Statistics)