How Donations Work
- Donations made through Valley Gives are received by K-Foundation, a 501(c)3 organization, affiliated with the Kimbia giving platform, and then granted to the designed organization.
- Donations designated to eligible participating organizations are 100% tax-deductible.
- Donations may be refunded. Donors should contact the Community Foundation, not the Kimbia Foundation or the organization they donated to. An email will be provided for this communication.
- Donations via the website may only be made via credit or debit card.
Minimum donation: The minimum donation is $10.00. There is no maximum donation
Processing Fees: Total of 5.99% per donation. (2.49%% credit card processing, 2.99% Kimbia processing, and 0.51% for Kimbia Foundation administration). Donors can pay for processing fees when they donate ($70K raised in 2016)
Donations on Behalf of People: On donation form, people can designate if they are donation in honor of, in memory of, or on behalf of.
- Kimbia sends organizations checks around June 15th, 2017. Does not do Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT)
- Processing fee is 5.99% 5.99% per donation. (2.49%% credit card processing, 2.99% Kimbia processing, and 0.51% for Kimbia Foundation administration). Donors can cover fee