UPDATE / ALERT: Thank you for your interest in the 2019 Mission grant program.
At this time, all of required calendar appointments for the Mission grant competition are filled, and we are unable to accommodate any further requests. We are currently maintaining a wait list for organizations who are interested in this competitive grant opportunity.
We have reached our capacity for phone requests as well as our capacity for grant applications and encourage you to consider CFWM grant programs that will open later in the calendar year.
You may email firstname.lastname@example.org and if a phone slot opens up prior to February 8, 2019, we will accommodate requests prioritized on the date by which we received your request. Information about future grant competitions can be found here.
Mission grants provide support for a wide range of programs and projects, administered by nonprofit organizations that address the diverse needs of residents of the Pioneer Valley.
- To view overall eligibility guidelines for applicant organizations please click here.
- Additional Mission programmatic eligibility guidelines include:
- All outstanding final grant reports must be submitted by current grantees and approved, via email, by a CFWM program officer by January 15, 2019.
- All potential grant applicants must participate in a scheduled phone call or engage in a small group in-person session with the Mission Program Officer in order to be eligible for this grant competition. The opportunity to sign-up for these opportunities will take place starting January 2, 2019 and will close on February 8, 2019. Based on available resources a maximum of 100 pre-application phone and small-group slots will be made available for potential applicants. Once the 100 slots are full we will take names for a waiting list. The Foundation reserves the right to close this program prior to February 8, 2019 if we’ve reached capacity.
Mission programs or projects must include:
- A programmatic focus that further promotes the applicant organization’s mission.
- A set of activities that are conducted during a specific period of time.
- Clearly stated results.
- Include a realistic project budget.
- Financial information that demonstrate the organization’s overall financial health.
- CFWM attempts to make grants in a variety of sectors (ie: arts and culture, education, environment, health, housing, and human services) and to organizations of varying budget sizes in order to attain a total award portfolio that is diverse.
- Please click here to view activities that are ineligible for funding from any of CFWM’s grant programs.
- There is a minimum of $700,000 available for Mission grants in 2019. Based on CFWM geographic fund restrictions we anticipate awarding grants that benefit residents as follows:
- 60% of funding for Hampden County, with significant proportion of funds targeted to Springfield
- 20% of funding for Hampshire County
- 20% of funding for Franklin County
- Grant range: $2,500 to $25,000.
- Duration of grants: Up to1 year from grant award date; project timeframe defined by applicant.
Grant Application Process
- All applicants must schedule a phone call discussion or attend a small group in-person session with the Mission Program Officer by February 8, 2019.
- Applications must be complete including all correct attachments at time of submission.
- Pre-application discussions: January 2, 2019 – February 8, 2019
- Application opens: January 7, 2019
- Submission deadline: February 15, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. EST
- Reviews/site visits: April – May, 2019
- Decision date: May 29,2019
- Notification to applicants: Mid-late June 2019
Application and Related Materials
- For grant FAQ’s, please click here.