Mission grants provide support for a wide range of programs and projects, administered by nonprofit organizations that address the diverse needs of residents of the Pioneer Valley.
Program will open early January 2019.
- To view overall eligibility guidelines for applicant organizations please click here.
- Additional Mission programmatic eligibility guidelines include:
- All outstanding final grant reports must be submitted by current grantees and approved, via email, by a CFWM program officer by January 15, 2019.
- All potential grant applicants must participate in a scheduled phone call or engage in a small group in-person session with the Mission Program Officer in order to be eligible for this grant competition. The opportunity to sign-up for these opportunities will take place starting January 2, 2019 and will close on February 8, 2019. Based on available resources a maximum of 100 pre-application phone and small-group slots will be made available for potential applicants. Once the 100 slots are full we will take names for a waiting list. The Foundation reserves the right to close this program prior to February 8, 2019 if we’ve reached capacity.
Mission programs or projects must include:
- A programmatic focus that further promotes the applicant organization’s mission.
- A set of activities that are conducted during a specific period of time.
- Clearly stated results.
- Include a realistic project budget.
- Financial information that demonstrate the organization’s overall financial health.
- CFWM attempts to make grants in a variety of sectors (ie: arts and culture, education, environment, health, housing, and human services) and to organizations of varying budget sizes in order to attain a total award portfolio that is diverse.
- Please click here to view activities that are ineligible for funding from any of CFWM’s grant programs.
- There is a minimum of $700,000 available for Mission grants in 2019. Based on CFWM geographic fund restrictions we anticipate awarding grants that benefit residents as follows:
- 60% of funding for Hampden County, with significant proportion of funds targeted to Springfield
- 20% of funding for Hampshire County
- 20% of funding for Franklin County
- Grant range: $2,500 to $25,000.
- Duration of grants: Up to1 year from grant award date; project timeframe defined by applicant.
Grant Application Process
- All applicants must schedule a phone call discussion or attend a small group in-person session with the Mission Program Officer by February 8, 2019.
- Applications must be complete including all correct attachments at time of submission.
- Schedule a call or register for a small group in-person session with the Mission Program Officer. The opportunity to sign-up for a session will take place starting January 2, 2019 and will close on February 8, 2019.
- Application opens: January 7, 2019
- Submission deadline: February 15, 2019
- Reviews/site visits: April – May, 2019
- Decision date: May 29,2019
- Notification to applicants: Mid-late June 2019
Application and Related Materials
- Application preview
- Application portal user guide
- Link to application will be available starting January 7, 2019.
- For grant FAQ’s, please click here.
Sheila Toto at firstname.lastname@example.org.