Critical grants provide funding for nonprofits experiencing operating issues due to unforeseen emergencies or urgent needs.
- To view overall eligibility guidelines for applicant organizations please click here.
- Additional Critical programmatic eligibility guidelines include:
- All potential Critical applicants must contact the Critical Program Officer prior to consideration for this funding opportunity.
Critical grants enable CFWM to assist nonprofits with time-limited grants in the following circumstances:
- Emergencies directly impacting a nonprofit such as fire, gas explosion, flood or other unpredictable occurrences that require capital expenditures.
- Temporary increased service need experienced by a nonprofit that is the direct result of an emergency such as a fire, tornado, flood, etc.
- Urgent needs that could not be anticipated that directly impact a nonprofit or a program of a nonprofit. This would include the unexpected loss of committed funding. Critical grants can provide support to consolidate, downsize or terminate programs in a responsible manner; or to stabilize program for the short-term (up to 3 months).
- Please click here to view activities that are ineligible for funding from any of CFWM’s grant programs.
- Grant range: $5,000 – $20,000.
- Duration of grants: Up to a 3 month period.
This grant opportunity involves several steps:
- All prospective applicants must schedule a discussion with the Critical Program Officer to assess eligibility for funding.
- If the project is deemed to meet eligibility requirements, the nonprofit will be asked to submit an application.
- The grant application will be reviewed and assessed for funding.
- Submission, Decision and Notification: Year-Round.
Application and Related Materials
- Application preview: Not available at this time.
- Application form: Applicants must speak with Critical Program Officer to access application materials.
- For grant FAQ’s, please click here.
Critical Program Officer, Sheila Toto at email@example.com.