If receiving a 2017 charitable income tax deduction is important to you, the following guidelines must be followed in order to obtain the required documentation from the Community Foundation:
- Donate Now with your credit card via our secure, encrypted web connection. All credit card donations must be entered by midnight on December 31, 2017.
Note: Credit card contributions over $5,000 result in a processing fee of 2.2% of the amount of the contribution + $.30 per transaction. This fee covers PayPal transaction fees and is charged to the fund receiving the contribution.
- Mail in a check. The check should be made out to the Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts with the fund name in the memo line. Please mail your gift to the address listed below. Gifts must be mailed (postmarked) by December 31, 2017. Please complete and include our donation form.
Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts
333 Bridge St.
Springfield, MA 01103
- Make a gift of stock. Stock Donation Instructions
- Donations of Stock: Please be aware that our DTC instructions have changed. Please work with your financial advisor to ensure that donated stock is in the Foundation’s account by the last business day of the year, December 31st. Due to the high volume of transactions that occur at year-end, your financial advisor may need extra time to execute your request. Let us help you coordinate your donation – please contact Deb Koske, Director of Donor Services, at 413-417-6384 as soon as possible.
- If you are interested in establishing a new fund, or donating other assets (real estate, IRA, etc.), please call Jenny Papageorge, Director of Development, at 413-417-6383 as soon as possible
The Community Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity with a Federal Tax ID (EIN) of 22-3089640.
Donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
Contact Us so we may answer any questions you might have.