Hosted by the Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts, the COVID-19 Response Fund for the Pioneer Valley will provide flexible resources to organizations that are working with communities at the intersection of being most vulnerable to the virus and most impacted by inequity.
In the near-term, the fund will make one-time operating grants to support frontline organizations with deep roots within priority populations. These populations include:
- Vulnerable seniors
- People without stable housing
- Families and individuals who are food insecure
- Residents who have limited English proficiency
- Individuals with health vulnerabilities, including those with compromised immune systems, mental health disorders and/or who are struggling with addiction
The first phase of these rapid-response grants will provide flexible support to organizations:
- Responding to increased demand for basic needs and health support
- Providing outreach to vulnerable populations
- Addressing fear and confusion about the outbreak among the region’s most vulnerable residents
- Addressing immediate needs of economically vulnerable populations caused by closures and cancellations related to COVID-19
If your organization is addressing these needs among these populations, we want to know. Please apply for funding here.
To learn more, please check out the FAQ, which answers many common questions we are hearing from the community.